The first goal of the YRC is our further education in the faith, which necessarily includes our sanctification. However, what are the means to become closer to Our Jesus Christ? The Blesssed Virgin has given to us a special devotion which aids us in our sanctification: the 1st Saturday Devotion.
The First Saturday votive Mass may not be said on this day within the SSPX (Feast of Pope St. Puis X), but the customary devotions to the Immaculate Heart of Mary may certianly still be held.
The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to assist those at the hour of death, with the graces necessary for salvation, who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, shall confess, receive Holy Communion, recite five decades of the rosary, and keep me company for 15 minutes while meditating on the 15 mysteries of the rosary, with the intention of making reparation to me.”
1. The spirit of reparation is a loving desire to make reparation to and console the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Our Mother. It considers the offenses which the Immaculate Heart of Mary now receives f rom those who reject her maternal intervention and despise her prerogatives. One should make this intention before carrying out Our Lady’s requests. A renewal of the actual intention at the time is best.
2. Confession in the spirit of reparation. If one cannot go to confession the first Saturday of the month, one can go within eight days. Even one’s monthly confession would be sufficient, which would need the intention of making reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
3. Reparatory Communion. This is the essential act of this devotion. If a just reason prevents the Communion on a First Saturday, with the priest’s permission it may be received the following Sunday.
4. Recitation of the rosary. The rosary is a vocal prayer said while meditating upon the mysteries of Our Lord’s and Our Lady’s lives. To comply with the request of our Blessed Mother, it must be offered in reparation for the offenses committed against her Immaculate Heart and said properly while meditating.
5. 15-minute meditation. Also offered in reparation, the meditation may embrace one or more mysteries; it may include all, taken together or separately. This meditation should be the richest of any meditation, because Our Lady promised to be present when she said “...those who keep me company....”
Wimbledon - https://fsspx.uk/en/district-house-gb
Bristol - https://fsspx.uk/en/st-saviours-house